A 44-inch wide powerhouse printing system designed to enhance productivity for medium to large workgroups, with dual media rolls and high speed throughput up to 688 ft2/hr. With incredible line accuracy, an 80GB hard drive, excellent media handling, and on-board support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files, the iPF820 is a complete and easy-to-use printing solution for any professional with a need for producing intricately detailed full-color renderings, CAD drawings, GIS maps and other large-format output.
Equipped with dual media rolls, the iPF820 eliminates the cause of many bottlenecks in busy printing environments. Automatically switch between different media types or use two rolls of the same paper for continuous printing of large consecutive runs.
Its built-in 80GB hard drive makes handling multiple complex jobs simple, especially in shared printer environments. Relieve workload from your computer, store and retrieve print jobs with the touch of a button, and utilize a Remote User Interface and password protected mailboxes to keep your workgroup productive. The iPF820's Economy Print Mode helps lower cost per print while it's sub-ink tank system enables on-the-fly ink replacement for continuous printing. Add a stacker and large format scanner and realize maximum productivity in any environment.
- Productivity: Print Longer Without Interruption - Load the iPF820 with two large rolls and realize continuous printing for hundreds of feet. Automatically switch between different media types or use two rolls of the same paper for continuous printing of large consecutive runs.
And with Canon's unique sub-ink tank system, you can replace ink on-the-fly without stopping the printer. Choose extra large 700ml ink tanks for increased productivity. For long print runs, a high-capacity media basket comes standard with the iPF820. Add the optional high-capacity stacker for even greater print yields when printing on plain paper.
The optional stacker provides a flat surface to offload prints and eliminates the need for operator handling. Built for high productivity, this stacker automatically picks up documents of mixed document sizes and stacks them up to 300 sheets.
- High Speed Printing: L-COA processor - Canon's advanced system architecture achieves print speeds up to 688 ft2/hr on uncoated media. When you need to keep projects moving forward and meet deadlines, this kind of speed is critical. Output two D size (24"x36") drawings per minute or print a full color, 2400x1200 dpi high resolution A0 size image with full graphic coverage on heavyweight coated paper in only three minutes. Powering these incredible print speeds is Canon's L-COA processor, at the heart of every imagePROGRAF printer.
The L-COA (Large Format Printer COmmon Architecture) print controller drives the imagePROGRAF print engine to lay down ink with exceptional speed and precision. This unique, high-speed processor enables the print system to process large volumes of data while optimizing output of complex high-color GIS images and architectural renderings for maximum readability and color accuracy.
- Precision Printing: High Density Print Head - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF820 boasts Canon's latest print-head technology to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. The iPF820 uses a high-precision, high-density print head with a total of 15,360 nozzles to lay down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to +/- 0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
- 80GB Hard Drive - A built-in 80GB hard drive within the printer increases productivity by relieving workload from the host PC while providing a large capacity for print job data storage, and retrieval. This 80GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mail boxes for easy access via web browser or at the printer for job re-printing. The embedded hard disk is ideal for medium to large workgroups to share a printer efficiently with multiple users, offering ample job storage space.
- Economy Print Mode - Reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print. In addition, Canon's media Auto Rotation and Nesting features will help you save paper.
- Reactive Ink System - Ideal for technical applications, Canon's breakthrough 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves and small text on technical and office documents. These Canon inks provide superior adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance and ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible.
- HDI Driver - With the Canon HDI Driver for AutoCAD application, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
New added Features:
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality settings
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Black ink print feature
- Advanced media settings
- Canon Printer Driver - This Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy to operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature lets users ensure that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print". The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
- Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
- Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows and Mac
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - a hot folder solution to print Color imageRUNNER PDFs directly without opening in a PDF viewer
- Economy Print Mode
- Borderless printing
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- PosterArtist (Optional, PC only) - PosterArtist is a poster creation software program designed to be used by all levels of users to create professional-posters, banners and signage in just four easy steps. This template driven poster creation tool for PCs was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters quickly and easily. PosterArtist provides over 200 professionally designed templates, and over 1000 royalty free images and clip art that can be quickly customized and outputted to a variety of media. You can even import your own images such as company logos and digital camera photos. With PosterArtist, now you can quickly customize and print posters, banners, signs, and eye catching displays