The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF710 36" large format printer produces vibrant full-bleed posters, clear text documents and crisp line drawings easily and quickly. It is a powerful print solution designed to meet the speed and precision requirements for CAD, MCAD, ECAD and GIS applications, with versatility to handle all-purpose, office applications. The imagePROGRAF iPF710 features a Reactive Ink system consisting of four highly colorfast dye inks - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black - plus two channels of pigment-based Matte Black.
The iPF710 has on-board support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files and prints on a variety of media. And with the inclusion of printing software programs, the iPF710 provides the versatility and flexibility needed to be used in a wide variety of industries and applications. The new imagePROGRAF iPF710 has a large LCD panel and operates with a reduced amount of noise, which means greater ease of operation and more flexibility in various environments. The iPF710 provides both quality and performance, demanded by today's market with the L-COA controller - the brain of the imagePROGRAF iPF series. The L-COA controller, alongside the 5-color Reactive Ink system, is designed to drive the best quality output at the highest possible speeds. Ideal for architects and engineers, businesses and schools, the iPF710 is the premier printing solution for any professional with a need for creating, processing and printing complex full-color presentations, signs, posters, renderings, CAD drawings, GIS maps and other large-format graphics quickly, effortlessly, and with remarkable detail.
- Reactive Ink Technology - Ideal for technical applications, Canon's breakthrough 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color plus two channels of matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves and small text on technical and office documents. These Canon inks provide superior adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance and ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible.
- HDI Driver - With the Canon HDI Driver, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- Pen Assignments and Virtual Pen
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality setting
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Black ink print feature
- Advanced media settings
- Economy Color Mode - The Economy Color Mode produces 1200 x 1200 dpi output while reducing ink consumption by 10% to 20%. This feature regulates the use of Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta inks to produce high quality output at a lower total cost.
- L-COA Processor - Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer Common Architecture) print controller is the "brain" that powers the printers' data. This unique, high-speed processor drives the print engine to lay ink down with high precision and helps ensure optimal image quality and color accuracy. This processor enables the print system to process large volumes of data while optimizing output of complex high-color GIS images and architectural renderings for maximum readability and color accuracy.
- High Density Print Head PF-03 - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF710 boasts Canon's latest print-head technology to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. The iPF710 uses a high-precision, high-density print head with a total of 15,360 nozzles to lay down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets to produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The superfine 4 picoliter-size droplets produce delicate color gradations and high-definition. The twin lines of nozzles on the print head enable the iPF710 to minimize the number of printing passes and still maintain print quality. More nozzles mean more ink is ejected with every pass of the print head, no matter what print mode or media. It gives new meaning to "high-speed output."
- Printer Driver - This Windows® and Macintosh® driver incorporates simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy to operate, but still gives even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive. The Free Layout (PC) and Auto Layout (Mac) feature enables nesting of images or files of nearly any type.
- 14 preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Improved preview of Document and Printer settings
- Borderless printing
- Scan to Copy - imageRUNNER enlargement copy feature
- Saturation and Gray adjustment
- Easy Long Print
- Ability to apply ICC profiles
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Page nesting feature with Free-layout for Windows and Auto-layout for Mac
- Enhanced profile settings
- PosterArtist 2007 (Optional) - This template driven software was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters easily and quickly. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create professional-looking posters, banners and signage in four easy steps. This application offers a variety of templates, hi-res royalty-free images and clip-art designed to target a wide array of markets such as food service, education, offices, retail and much more.
PosterArtist 2007 provides an Auto Design feature in which the users can simply designate a few images to be incorporated in a poster, and PosterArtist will automatically create professional-looking posters for immediate use. Additionally, the template filtering feature allows users to find and apply a template quickly and easily from hundreds of templates in the library.
- Auto Design Function
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1GB of pre-loaded files in a wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Variable Data Printing
- Page Capture feature allows users to load desired data from other applications into a PosterArtist poster, such as Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Compatible with SVG general-purpose graphics format
- Security - Restrictions on content use
- Digital Photo Front-Access - Digital Photo Front-Access has been developed by Canon as a utility to import images from a camera, memory card, USB, etc and incorporate them into software applications such as PosterArtist and Photoshop.
- Auto image retouching
- Ability to open in PosterArtist and Photoshop
- Support for JPEG images
- Simple configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver
- Media Roll Detection System - The imagePROGRAF iPF710 is capable of tracking how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined. It prints the media information (in text and barcode) directly on the roll, before it is removed from the printer.
- Borderless Printing - The printer is capable of producing 4-sided, borderless prints in minutes. This edge-to-edge printing ability eliminates the need for cutting and is just one example of the efficiency and innovation built into the Canon solution.