The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF610 24-inch large format printer produces vibrant full-bleed posters, clear text documents and crisp line drawings easily and quickly. Its 24" output will impress clients and colleagues by communicating visual layouts with eye catching color, and exacting details. The imagePROGRAF iPF610 features a Reactive ink system consisting of four highly colorfast dye inks, cyan, magenta, yellow and black plus two channels of pigment based matte black.
The new imagePROGRAF iPF610 has a large LCD panel and operates with a reduced amount of noise, which means greater ease of operation and more flexibility in various environments. The iPF610 provides both quality and performance, demanded by today's market with the L-COA Controller - the brain of the imagePROGRAF iPF series. The L-COA controller alongside the 5-color reactive ink system is designed to drive the best quality output at the highest possible speeds. The iPF610 has on-board support for HP-GL2 and HP RTL files. It prints on a variety of media plus the inclusion of printing/application software programs provides the versatility and flexibility needed to be used in a wide variety of industries and applications all in one captivating package.
- 5 Color Reactive Ink System - The Reactive ink system consists of four highly colorfast dye color inks and 2 channels of matte black pigment ink. Doubling the matte black is used for high speed printing of line drawings and text oriented office documents. When printing, four of the colors may be applied at the same time, since matte black or black is automatically selected based on the media type elected in the printer driver. Matte black will be used when printing on plain or matte media whereas the dye-based black will be used when printing on coated or glossy paper. The unique reactive ink formulation lso provides improved resistance against scratches and marks when compared to conventional dye inks.
Web links (Support tab) - An html-based utility that provides access to websites through the printer driver.
- L-COA Controller - Print Controller - Like other powerful Canon systems, the IPF610 is built around the innovative L-COA (Large Format printer Common Architecture) processor. When it comes to speed and accuracy, the L-COA processor is in a league of its own. By intelligently processing print data and directing the high precision, high-density print heads to deposit ink, the system ensures image clarity and color accuracy - even for complex graphics and color-rich photographic images. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve phenomenal print speeds.
- High Density Print-Head PF-03 - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF610 boasts Canon's latest print-head technology to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. The iPF610 uses a high-precision, high density print head with a total of 15,360 nozzles to lay down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets to produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The superfine 4 picoliter-size droplets produce delicate color gradations and high-definition. The twin lines of nozzles on the print head enable the iPF610 to minimize the number of printing passes and still maintain print quality. More nozzles mean more ink is ejected with every pass of the print head, no matter what print mode or media. It gives new meaning to "high-speed output".
- Clogged Nozzle Detection and Compensation - The printer will automatically perform the necessary cleaning without any intervention from the user. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the imagePROGRAF will reroute the ink to other functioning nozzles to compensate for the clog.
- Multiple Media Options
- Manual Front Feed
- Manual Top Feed
- HDI Driver - With the Canon HDI Driver, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
Features of the HDI Driver:
- Pen Assignments and Virtual Pen
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality setting
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Cassette added as media source
- Black ink print feature
- Advanced media settings
- Printer Driver - This Windows® and Macintosh® driver incorporates simplified page setup options, 1-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy to operate, but still gives even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive. For Windows users, the free-layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type.
- 14 preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Improved preview of Document and Printer settings
- Borderless printing
- Scan to Copy - imageRUNNER enlargement copy feature
- Saturation and Gray adjustment
- Easy Long Print
- Input profiles
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Free layout feature (PC only)
- Enhanced profile settings
- Digital Photo Front-Access - Digital Photo Front-Access has been developed by Canon as a utility to import images from a camera, memory card, USB, etc and incorporate them into software applications such as PosterArtist and Photoshop.
- Auto image retouching
- Ability to open in PosterArtist and Photoshop
- Support for JPEG images
- Simple configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver
- Media Roll Detection System - The imagePROGRAF iPF610 is capable of tracking how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined. It prints the media information (in text and barcode) directly on the roll, before it is removed from the printer.
- Borderless Printing - The printer is capable of producing 4-sided, borderless prints in minutes. This edge-to-edge printing ability eliminates the need for cutting and is just one example of the efficiency and innovation built into the Canon solution.