The 17" imagePROGRAF iPF510 large format printer puts speed and high-quality printing in a versatile package and small footprint. Ideal for personal and small workgroups, the iPF510 is an exceptional solution for producing large format drawings, documents, and posters with incredible ease. Featuring a Reactive ink system, this printer uses four highly colorfast dye inks - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black - plus two channels of pigment-based matte black. The result - vibrant full-bleed posters, clear text documents and crisp line drawings.minute.
With built in features and simple-to-use software, the imagePROGRAF iPF510 helps you quickly and easily create posters, design layouts, print maps, drawings and signs. This solution includes workflow software such as PosterArtist Lite, AutoCAD® HDI Driver, and Canon's Printer Driver for Windows® and Macintosh, with Nesting Functionality, and Real Preview functions. In addition, the iPF510 supports the widely available HP-GL/2 and HP-RTL page description languages and also includes Digital Photo Front-Access software for easy photo printing from digital cameras.
- PosterArtist Lite - Canon's PosterArtist Lite poster creation software included with the printer, gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the programs 4 easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and even more free contents for download.
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office - This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8 ½ x 11 office document to poster size.
- L-COA processor - Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer COmmon Architecture) print controller is the "brain" that powers the printers' data. This unique, high-speed processor drives the print engine to lay ink down with high-precision and helps ensure optimal image quality and color accuracy.
- Precision Printing: High-Density Print Head - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, this printer boasts Canon's latest print-head technology to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. The new PF-04 print head incorporates a new nozzle shape to reduce satellite ink, producing cleaner lines and text, and minimizing mist. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
- Economy Print Mode - Reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print.
- Reactive Ink System - Ideal for technical, as well as office applications, Canon's breakthrough 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves, and small text on technical and office documents. These Canon inks provide superior adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance, and ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible.
- HDI Driver - With the Canon HDI Driver for AutoCAD application, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here, points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality setting
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Black ink print feature
- Advanced media settings
- Canon Printer Driver - This Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature ensures users that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows® and Mac driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At A Glance:
- Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Real Preview that lets user's change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
- Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows® and Mac
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - with a hot folder solution to print Color imageRUNNER PDFs directly without opening in a PDF viewer
- Economy Print Mode
- Borderless printing
- Easy setting/Advanced setting