Canon announces the new imagePROGRAF iPF8000S, 44" printer, a powerful print engine specifically built to meet the demands of the highly competitive production printing marketplace. The iPF8000S is ideal for professional service providers who need to produce more output in less time. With high speed throughput up to 350/hr, an 80GB hard drive, borderless printing and other features that maximize productivity, this printer increases overall production capacity and reduces job turnaround time. The new innovative 8 color LUCIA ink configuration helps increase print efficiency and creates vibrant colors and tones that are ideal for production graphics applications.
Speed without quality has little value, but with a built-in calibration feature and other advanced quality control functions such as the L-COA processor, the iPF8000S is built to deliver consistently superior results without sacrificing speed. This production grade printer is more than 40% faster than any other imagePROGRAF Graphic Arts printer making it ideal for anyone who needs to increase the capacity, productivity and versatility of their large-format printing services.
- 8 color LUCIA Ink technology - An innovative color configuration that further increases print efficiency by dispersing eight colors of ink across twelve ink channels of the two print heads for better ink coverage with each pass and greater productivity without sacrificing image quality. The iPF8000S features 8 colors of LUCIA ink (Cyan, Photo Cyan, Magenta, Photo Magenta, Yellow, Black, Matte Black and Gray) for a dynamic color gamut. The inclusion of Gray alongside Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta helps to create smooth gradations and less graininess, creating a crisp monotone output.
Black, Matte Black and Gray help optimize black density regardless of media type to reproduce better gray tones for smoother transitions from white to black.
- New Print Mode - The new Economy Print Mode produces 1200 x 1200 dpi output at 211ft/hr on coated and uncoated paper stocks while reducing ink consumption by 10% to 20%! This new feature regulates the use of Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta inks to produce high quality output at a lower total cost.
- Built in 80GB Hard Drive - Hard drive storage space within the iPF8000S increases productivity by relieving workload from the host PC while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 80GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mail boxes for easy access and printing.
- Built in Calibration - The iPF8000S printer is equipped with the ability to easily reset back to the original optimal factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across all the printer's media types in just minutes. At the same time this creates a stable printing platform on which superior results can be consistently achieved. The system has built-in calibration sensors that help compensate for adverse environmental conditions while providing a predictable platform for color management and consistent color reproduction.
- Print Head (PF-03) - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF8000S boasts Canon's dual print head system to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. Unlike conventional printers with a single print head, the iPF8000S uses two high-precision, high density print heads with a total of 30,720 nozzles. It lays down precise 4 picoliter-size ink droplets to produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. An innovative ink channel configuration accelerates print efficiency by distributing Cyan, Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta symmetrically across the two print heads for better ink coverage with each pass.
- Print Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® and Digital Photo Professional - The Print Plug-in for Photoshop and DPP are export modules that bypass the operating system's dependent print driver, allowing processing of 16-bit RGB images directly, which dramatically increases gradations and as a result, overall image quality.
- Full screen preview
- More print quality selections
- Categorized paper type view
- Roll paper layout view
- Bi-cubic enlargement
- PosterArtist 2007 (Optional) - This template driven software was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters with complete quickly and easily. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create professional looking posters, banners and signage in 4 easy steps. This application offers a variety of templates, hi-res royalty-free images and clipart designed to target a wide array of markets such as food service, education, offices, retail and much more.
PosterArtist 2007 allows users to use Kyuanos advanced color management system, providing a smart and simple way of managing colors under any viewing conditions. Also included in PosterArtist 2007 is the Auto Design feature in which the users can simply designate a few images to incorporate into a poster, and PosterArtist will automatically create professional - looking posters for immediate use. Also, the template filtering feature allows users to find and apply a template quickly and easily from hundreds of templates in the library.
- Auto Design Function
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1GB of preloaded files in a wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Auto Design
- Variable Data Printing
- Page Capture feature allows users to load desired data from other applications into a PosterArtist poster, such as Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Import images directly from most digital cameras
- Digital Photo Front-Access - Digital Photo Front-Access has been developed by Canon as a utility to import images from a camera, memory card, USB, etc and incorporate them into software applications such as PosterArtist and Photoshop.
- Auto image retouching
- Ability to open in PosterArtist and Photoshop
- Support for JPEG and RAW images
- Simple configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver
- Automatic Switching of Black Inks - The iPF8000S will automatically switch between Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF8000S will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality. Black ink produces high quality prints on photo glossy type media and the Matte Black ink exhibits high contrast prints with deep black on media such as fine art paper.
- L-COA Controller - Print Controller - The L-COA1 print controller intelligently processes the print data to implement high-speed processing in order to accurately lay ink down for optimal image quality. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve extremely fast print speeds
L-COA = Large format printer Common Architecture
- Clogged Nozzle Detection and Compensation - The printer will automatically perform the necessary cleaning without any intervention from the user. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the imagePROGRAF will reroute the ink to other functioning nozzles to compensate for the clog.
- Media Roll Detection System - The imagePROGRAF is capable of tracking how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined. It prints the media information (in text and barcode) directly on the roll, before it is removed from the printer.
- Printer Driver 2007 - The imagePROGRAF printer driver works with both Windows® and Macintosh® operating systems offering exceptional, high quality prints through easy usability and accurate color. The printer driver incorporates existing imagePROGRAF features along with new, easy to use functions. The monochrome photo mode produces neutral, high quality monochrome images with the primary use of the Black, Gray and Photo Gray inks. This mode helps to ensure minimal shifts in color that are commonly caused by the use of color inks in black and white prints, thus outputting neutral tones with smooth gradation. The Free Layout (PC) and Auto Layout (Mac) features allow for nesting of separate images and documents.
- Web links (Support tab) - An html-based utility that provides access to websites through the printer driver
- Categorized Media list - Media names are organized in a hierarchical tree structure
- More detailed page preview - provides a more clearer and more intuitive preview
- Scan to Copy - imageRUNNER enlargement copy
- 14 preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Borderless printing
- Saturation Adjustment
- Easy Setting/Advanced Setting/Print Setting
- Monochrome photo mode
- Support for Adobe RGB
- Free Layout (PC) & Auto Layout (Mac)
- Borderless Printing - The printer is capable of producing 4-sided, borderless prints in minutes. This edge-to-edge printing ability eliminates the need for cutting and is just one example of the efficiency and innovation built into the Canon solution.