Canon imagePROGRAF announces yet another breakthrough in large format printing solutions. With the imagePROGRAF iPF6100 printer, brilliant color, sophisticated print-head technology, and high speed output are brought together into a high-performance large format printing-system. With features designed to help all levels of users achieve extraordinary results, the iPF6100 printer is the ideal solution for any color professional looking for striking, full-bleed color output with strength in paper handling and exceptional speed in output. The iPF6100 printer is engineered to produce colors, fine details, and subtle expressions required for some of the most challenging color environments such as photography, proofing and professional graphic applications.
The new iPF6100 printer is equipped with the ability to recalibrate itself to the original factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across the printer media types. The result, a more predictable printing platform where results can be consistently achieved. The 12-color pigment ink system with LUCIA inks offers excellent color fastness and stability with a remarkably wide color gamut. The new ink formulation for Black, Matte Black, Gray and Photo Gray minimizes bronzing, while providing stronger ink adhesion to the print media, resulting in better scratch resistance without any additional protection. The Canon L-COA processor, which is dedicated to the imagePROGRAF, is designed to optimize the best quality output at the highest possible speeds. Vivid breathtaking, long lasting prints are achieved by combining Canon's advanced technological achievements. The iPF6100 is designed for reliability, simplicity, productivity and above all quality.
- 12-Color Pigment Ink System - LUCIA inks - The iPF6100 printer's ink set is comprised of 12 colors: four standard process colors with Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta; plus Red, Green, and Blue; Matte Black, Gray, and Photo Gray. This unique combination creates a broad color pallet and delivers exceptional print results. The iPF6100 printer's LUCIA ink is specially formulated to reduce graininess, minimize bronzing, and resist scratching and fading.
Black, Matte Black, Gray and Photo Gray have been reformulated to optimize black ink density for exceptional monochrome photo-quality output. Based on the type of ink being used, the iPF6100 printer automatically matches the correct black ink to achieve the best print results.
- Automatic Switching of Black Inks - The iPF6100 will automatically switch between Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF6100 will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality. The Black ink produces high quality prints on photo glossy type media and the Matte Black ink exhibits high contrast prints with deep black on media such as fine art paper.
- Built-in Calibration - The iPF6100 printer is equipped with the ability to recalibrate itself to the original optimal factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across the printer media types. At the same times this creates a more stable, predictable printing platform on which superior results can be consistently achieved. The system has built-in calibration sensors that accurately detect variation in print heads and measures the density levels of the inks and makes necessary adjustments to return calibration to the original factory settings.
- Print Head - PF-03 - Dual print head system - Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF6100 boasts Canon's dual print head system to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. Unlike conventional printers with a single print head, the iPF6100 uses two high-precision, high density print heads with a total of 30,720 nozzles. It lays down precise 4pl ink droplets to produce sharp detail and excellent image quality.
The superfine 4pl droplets produce delicate color gradations and high-definition. The twin lines of nozzles on the new print heads enable the iPF6100 to minimize the number of printing passes and still maintain print quality. The two 1-inch iPF series print heads, each with 6 colors with 2,560 nozzles per color. That's a total of 30,720 nozzles. More nozzles mean more ink is ejected with every pass of the print head, no matter what print mode or media. It gives new meaning to "high-speed output".
- L-COA Controller - Print Controller - Like other powerful Canon systems, the IPF6100 is built around the innovative L-COA (Large Format printer Common Architecture) processor. When it comes to speed and accuracy, the L-COA processor is in a league of its own. By intelligently processing print data and directing the high precision, high-density print heads to deposit ink, the system ensures image clarity and color accuracy - even for complex graphics and color-rich photographic images. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve phenomenal print speeds.
- Print Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® and Digital Photo Professional - An export print module - These export modules allow users to directly process and print RAW image files from DPP or Adobe Photoshop. These plug-ins are export modules that bypass the operating systems dependent print driver, allowing processing of 16-bit RGB images directly, which dramatically increases gradations and as a result, overall image quality.
New added Features:
- Full screen preview
- More print quality selections
- Categorized paper type view
- Roll paper layout view
- Bi-cubic enlargement
- Printer Driver 2007 - The imagePROGRAF printer driver works with both Windows® and Macintosh® operating systems offering exceptional, high quality prints through easy usability and accurate color. The printer driver incorporates existing imagePROGRAF features along with new, easy to use functions. The monochrome photo mode produces neutral, high quality monochrome images with the primary use of the Black, Gray and Photo Gray inks. This mode helps to ensure minimal shifts in color that are commonly caused by the use of color inks in black and white prints, thus outputting neutral tones with smooth gradation. Another easy to use feature is the free layout feature1, which allows for custom nesting of separate images and documents.
- Web links (Support tab) - An html-based utility that provides access to websites through the printer driver
- Categorized Media list - Media names are organized in a hierarchical tree structure
- More detailed page preview - provides a more clearer and more intuitive preview
- Scan to Copy - imageRUNNER enlargement copy
- 14 preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Borderless printing
- Saturation Adjustment
- Easy Setting/Advanced Setting/Print Setting
- Monochrome photo mode
- Support for Adobe RGB
- Free layout feature
- Digital Photo Front-Access - The Digital Photo Front-Access has been developed by Canon as a utility to import images from a camera, memory card, USB, etc and incorporate them into software applications such as PosterArtist and Photoshop.
- Auto image retouching
- Ability to open in PosterArtist and Photoshop
- Support for JPEG and RAW images
- Simple configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver
- PosterArtist (Optional Software) - Poster creation software This template driven software was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters with complete ease. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create professional looking posters, banners and signage in 4 easy steps. This application offers a variety of templates, hi-res royalty-free images and clipart designed to target a wide array of markets such as food service, education, offices, retail and much more.
PosterArtist 2007 allows users to use Kyuanos advanced color management system, providing a smart and simple way of managing colors under any viewing conditions. Also included in PosterArtist 2007 is the Auto Design feature in which the users can simply designate a few images to be in incorporated in a poster, and PosterArtist will automatically create professional - looking posters for immediate use. Also, the template filtering feature allows users to find and apply a template quickly and easily from hundreds of templates in the library.
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1GB of preloaded files in a wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Variable Data Printing
- Page Capture feature allows users to load desired data from other applications into a PosterArtist poster, such as Microsoft®, Word®, Excel® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Import images directly from most digital cameras PosterArtist QuickCopy - separate application with the ability to enlarge image data scanned with any CanoScan flat bed scanner.
- Clogged Nozzle Detection and Compensation - The printer will automatically perform the necessary cleaning without any intervention from the user. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the imagePROGRAF will reroute the ink to other functioning nozzles to compensate for the clog.
- Media Roll Detection System - The imagePROGRAF is capable of tracking how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined. It prints the media information (in text and barcode) directly on the roll, before it is removed from the printer.
- Borderless Printing - The printer is capable of producing 4-sided, borderless prints in minutes. This edge-to-edge printing ability eliminates the need for cutting and is just one example of the efficiency and innovation built into the Canon solution.